"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Sunday, July 23, 2017

BookTubeAThon 2017 - My TBR


7/30/2017 UPDATE!!!

Well, to say that my BookTubeAThon plans didn't go very well is an understatement, lol!

BUT! I did manage to read and accomplish the following challenges:
Challenge #1: Read a book with a person on the cover.
Challenge #3: Finish a book in one day.
Challenge #4: Read about a character that is very different from you.
Challenge #5: Read a book completely outdoors.

4 out of the 7 challenges is pretty good, right?! lol

Thank you for following along!
I look forward to doing another readathon soon :) 


* * * * *


Last night, I decided that I would like to try to participate in BookTubeAThon 2017!


For those of you who are not familiar with what BookTubeAThon is, it's exactly how it sounds - marathon reading as many books as we can in one week... to help, there are a few prompts, etc. You can find more information here on the BookTubeAThon's YouTube Channel!

This is my first time joining in! And the keyword here is TRY, lol!
As of right now, my week looks pretty calm and cozy - we don't have any big plans and it's supposed to be cloudy, drizzly... the perfect week for reading!!! 
I'll be posting my reading updates via instagram stories (@thebumblegirl)... 

Here are the books that I have chosen for the READING CHALLENGES

1. Read a book with a person on the cover.


NO GOOD DEED by Kara Connolly - there's a person on the cover, lol! 
And, it's a reimagining of Robin Hood!

2. Read a hyped book.


THE GENTLEMAN'S GUIDE TO VICE AND VIRTUE by Mackenzi Lee is definitely THE book that everyone is talking about right now! I have only read the first 2 chapters - hoping to reread those and continue on this week! 

3. Finish a book in one day.


THE DOLPHINS, THE WHALES AND THE GUDGEON by Aesop is definitely a book I can finish in one day, lol! It is SO tiny and cute! I hardly ever have time to sit for very long to read anything, so I'm hoping to get through this one - in one sitting without interruptions! (I probably just jinxed myself!) 

4. Read about a character that is very different from you.


MILES MORALES by Jason Reynolds... he's Spiderman! And, I'm afraid of heights, sooo... lol!

5. Finish a book completely outdoors


CAN YOU FIND MY ROBOT'S ARM? by Chihiro Takeuchi is a picture book! Am I cheating with this one? Probably, lol! But in my defense, I did mention that it is suppose to be a cloudy/rainy week!

6. Read a book you bought because of the cover


THE HISTORY OF BEES by Maja Lunde is an ARC, BUT, I did pre-order it the minute I saw the cover! And I was very lucky to have my request (wish) granted by the publisher to receive an advanced copy to read before it's release date in August... it is stunning!!! Very shiny and it has texture and I'm dying to get my hands on the finished copy! I'll also be pre-ordering the UK edition too, I can't decide which cover is more beautiful! I hope it lives up to my expectations!... and bonus - BEES!!! 

7. Read seven books.


And for my seventh book - THE ADVENTURES OF CAVEBOY by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen! An adorable early middle grade book about a caveboy who is just figuring out who he is and how to make friends :) 


I am really excited for this week! I have never read so many books in one week that didn't include the majority of them being picture books, lol!

Will you be joining BookTubeAThon this week too??? 
If so, let me know! And good luck to us all :) 


2 comments:

  1. I'm doing booktubeathon this week too! It's my first time participating - I'm very excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I hope you read as much as you are anticipating to :) Good luck!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams